Have you been smacked out of a table in the first hand of a tournament you’ve been waiting all week for?
It’s time to recharge, re-energize and re-enter the tourney— and play like nothing ever happened!
Introducing Re-Entry Tournaments, a new type of tournament that lets you re-register for the same tournament after you’ve busted out, giving you another chance at taking down the event.
This revolutionary tournament feature allows dedicated tournament players to put in more volume, and it offers the recipient of a bad beat to brush it off and get back to playing strong.
The Re-Entry Tournament allows players who get eliminated from the tournament to buy back as a new player while late registration is still open.
Players can re-enter as many times as they like into a tournament, so long as the tournament is still in Late Registration. Players will be able to re-enter for the same cost as the initial buy-in (with the exception of re-entry freerolls).
How it works
When you get knocked out of a tourney, you’ll see a window that displays your placement in the tournament and gives you the option to re-enter the tournament. At this point you have two options:
1. Leave the tourney: this option will close the window and you will be able to register for another tournament or ring game. However, if a few minutes later you change your mind, and decide that you want to go back to the tournament you can! Providing the late registration period is still open, you can Re-enter.
2. Re-Enter: As soon as you click this option, the Buy-in amount will be debited from your account, and you’ll be seated at a brand-new table with a brand-new starting chip stack giving a fresh start!
Please keep in mind that you can re-enter a tournament as many times as you like, as long as the tournament is still within the late registration period, and as long as you’ve busted out of the tournament.
Re-Entry Tournament types
Currently four types of tournaments are available with this new feature at True Poker:
• Re-entry Freerolls: The Re-entry Freerolls use a special free buy-in format. The Buy-in for these tournaments is free; however, you will be able to re-enter, as many times as you want, during Late Registration for a small real money amount. The prize pool will increase after the original Prize amount is covered.
• Re-Entry Satellites: In these tournaments you will be able to buy back into the tournament for the same Buy-in amount, boosting the prize pool each time and giving you more chances to advance to the next round.
• Re-Entry Guarantees: This feature is available in Guaranteed Tournaments that only pay the final table. You can re-enter, as many times as you want, during Late Registration, and once there are more entrants than necessary to meet the guaranteed prize pool amount, then the prize pool will be even bigger than what the guarantee is set at.
How to Play Re-Entry Tournaments
1. Locate the tourney you want to take down, register for it.
2. Play like a champion, just like you would in any tournament.
3. If you bust out during the registration period, you’ll be asked if you’d like to re-enter the tourney. If you choose yes, the Buy-in amount will be debited from your account and you’ll be seated at a new table in the exact same tournament.